Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Irene!

OMG...as I'm doing the final edit of this post the power decides to shut down and I almost had a meltdown. Yikes! Thank you for auto safe. Wheew... Anyways back to the post....

Last Friday a group of us went out to have dinner to celebrate my GF Irene's birthday. We had a lot fun catching up and the Thai food was so delicious.
I made this cute little "simple card holder" that Teri taught us as an added bonus after her pop-up scrapbook class back in May. This holder is so cute and so easy to make. If I can do it, then anyone can...LOL Teri has a tutorial for it here. Her instructions are clear and easy to follow.
The image is from The Greeting Farm and this cutie is called Fairy Tink. I had ordered some images, but I didn't get them yet so Teri was so kind to stamp some for me. Thanks Teri!
Instead of putting cards in the holder, I filled it with some crafting goodies. I hope she likes it =)

This is a bad close up shot of Fairy Tink, but I wanted her to seem like she was flying with dimensionals. What do you think?










Supplies Used:
Stamp: Fairy Tink (TGF)
Paper: Kraft CS and Parisian Breeze DSP (SU!)
Accessories: Stickles, Pewter Jumbo Eyelets (SU!), Chocolate Chip Grossgrain Ribbon (SU!) and Dimensionals (SU!)
Image was colored with SU! markers

This is the birthday card I made for her using the same image. I finally pulled out my Big Shot and took it out of the box. And even got to use my new CB embossing folder too.


Supplies Used:
Stamp: Fairy Tink (TGF)
Paper: Pixie Pink CS, Basic Gray CS
Accessories: Whisper White Satin Ribbon (SU!), Large Oval Punch and Oval Scallop Punch (SU!), flowers, Swiss Dot Embossing Folder (CB), Dazzling Diamond (SU!) and Dew Drops (Tamiko's)

Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

Kyoko said...

Hi Vina! You are just too funny about your Big Shot ... hey we are all guilty of buying stuff and just letting it sit. But, look at what you created ... AWESOME girl!

joni h said...

Cute card & holder! I have yet to make one of those. Love the flying Tink! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
Thanks for the birthday wishes. I love my card, I display it by my craft area to give me inspiration. Because of you I am a huge GF fan. TTYL.

nbells said...

Hey! Irene told me you started a blog :0) So happy for you. I love the card you made for Irene. Have fun with it. I'm looking forward to seeing your ideas.
Anela

Jodi said...

Hiya Vina! This turned out so cute, and yes she does look like she is flying high!! I'm sure your friend loved it!!
Hugs
Jodi =)