Tuesday, July 7, 2009

June Aloha RAK

Hello blog land! I hope everyone had a safe and fun Fourth of July! I actually attended a wedding that evening at the Hale Koa Hotel. During the reception we got a little break and a group of us walk down to the beach and watched the fireworks going off at Magic Island. It was a beautiful evening and watching the fireworks on the beach was magical.
On to the card...this card was made for my June Aloha RAK hosted by Jen. If you've never played before, then you should seriously think about it. Sign up for July is already closed, but keep on a look out for next month. Jen always tries to make things fun. So instead of going out to buy stuff on top off your card, she has these challenges. For example, for the month of May it was to include min. 5 stamped images that was different from the image you used on your card. For the month of June, it was to include approx. 20 flowers to go with your card. Of course you could send whatever you what, but it's pretty fun to meet the different challenges too =)
For the month of June I'm RAKin Joni H. I know her favorite color is blue, so for this card I wanted to try colors different from my norm with a touch of blue. I hope you like it Joni!
Here's a close up...I wanted to show off the glitter used on the outer part of her wings. This image is so cute! Speaking of image, this image was shared with me by Teri. Thanks Teri!
Supplies Used:
Stamp: Flutter Anya (TGF)
Paper: Old Olive, More Mustard, Whisper White and Patterns Pack DSP II in Brocade Blue (all SU!)
Ink: Momento, SU! Markers
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Grossgrain (SU!), Crafters' Tool Kit (SU!), Flowers (??) and Dew Drops (Tamiko's)

My RAKr was Dawne. If you haven't checked out her blog yet you should. She's got a lot of cute card creations and lots of yummy looking food too! I wish I could cook like that =P Anyhow, Dawne was so sweet in sending me a super duper cute card. I think the image used is from The Greeting Farm called Wonderland. So cute! I wish the picture could do it justice. Lots of glitter and dew drops and the embossing is so beautiful. I got a bunch of Flower Bear images from Dustin Pike. And a bunch of flowers along with other goodies. Thanks so much Dawne! I will put them to good use.

Here's a close up shot to show all the dew drops and glitter used and the pretty embossing for the background.


Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful day!





9 comments:

joni h said...

I love the card you sent, so did my daughter! Can't wait to use the flowers. Have a good day!

Little C's Creations said...

How fun!!! You did great on Joni's RAK. Joni is lucky n' you got great stuffs from Dawne!!! Glad you had fun!!!

Big Hugs,
Jen

Kyoko said...

WOW, awesome RAK for Joni ... she's going to LOVE it! Awww, the RAK you go from Dawne's RAK is super cute too! Look at all those goodies...

Rina said...

thanks for sharing your fabulous RAKS.

Dawne said...

Hey there Vina! Sorry I took a while to send yours out. I was sick and stuff..so sorry! Thanks for posting it on your blog. I never saw your blog before. You made such a nice card for Joni! She'll be glad!! Hope to get the chance to meet you one day.

Jodi said...

Hiya Vina!! You made such a cute card for Joni and I know she will love it! That is a cute card from Dawne too, and you got some awesome goodies, can't wait to see what you will create with them all!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Denise said...

Very cute card, I am sure Joni will love it. It is such an adorable image.

Stef H said...

hi vina and welcome to blog land. your card is beautiful and i'd love to see more so i'm becoming a follower! i remember what it was like when i started. now let's hope you don't have a big family or lots of housework because blogging will become addicting. but hey, it's all fun and we're all one big happy family.

please stop by my blog for a visit - would love to see you there.

hugs,

Jamee said...

super cute rak :)