Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Himawari Babies & Dew Drops Challenge

Happy Wednesday! This past weekend we had our GG gathering and the topic of Himawari Babies came up. I always wanted to try these cute images but don't own any so Jen was so sweet to share some of her images. Thanks Jen!
I decided try a challenge going on now on the Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii Blog for the first time. The challenge is using HB images and dew drops on your project. If you want to use only one or the other, that's fine too. I had a hard time putting something together but this is what I came up with.
Isn't this cute? I got this magazine holder idea from Jodi. If you haven't tried this one before you should definitely give it a try. Not hard at all. Jodi has easy to follow instructions and the end result is so cute. Perfect for your 3x3 cards. If you want to give this a try too she has a tutorial here.
Since Halloween is coming up I decide to use HB image Lil' Baby Pumpkin. CS used was Pumpkin Pie and Kiwi Kiss (SU!) and Hawaii Papaya DSP (SU!)

Side view of the holder. I didn't have plain black ribbon so I flip the ribbon to hide the polka dots. Can you tell?
I didn't use dew drops on this magazine holder but I tried to add some to this picture for fun =)

If you wanna try the challenge you have until today Wednesday 9/30 6PM (Hawaii Time). Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Stef H said...

this is stunning! you did an awesome job on it. just gorgeous!

hugs,

Denise said...

Very cute!!

Jodi said...

YAY!! You tried it and whoo hoo! It turned out AWESOME! I love the colors you used and the great pics you took too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

nbells said...

So CUTE!!! I'll have to try it =)

joni h said...

congrats! just read that you won! this came out great! I'm going to have to try my hand at this one. I really like it!